Sunday, October 12, 2014

Email to The Earth Mother: Stella's Momentous Decision!

Updated 10/22/2014: Inks now posted.

These are pencils for a short sequence I created to insert into the new Megaton Man storyline I am working on. In it, Stella Starlight, once the air-headed ingenue The See-Thru Girl but now as The Earth Mother the default leader of the Megatropolis Quartet, receives an unexpected query from Megaton Man's former sidekick X-Ray Boy who is now default leader of The Devengers, to merge the two teams to form The Doom Defiers!

Yes, I realize I am posting all this stuff out of order (in part because it is not coming off my drawing board in proper sequence), but hopefully it will all be straightened out when published eventually as a graphic novel -- or approximately the third issue if we're thinking in twentieth-century terms, which I confess I still do.

Hunt #102 Crowquill and Rapidograph and India ink on Clearprint Design Vellum.

Blue and graphite pencil rough on bond layout, October 12, 2014.

Hunt #102 Crowquill and Rapidograph and India ink on Clearprint Design Vellum.

Blue and graphite pencil rough on bond layout, October 12, 2014.

(Here's a fun activity: click around this blog and try to read all these fragments in the right order! Collect 'em all!)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Your work gets better all the time, Don!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great stuff. I really miss Megaton Man and his wide range of buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words, HereNow and Max. I miss 'em too, which is why, slowly but surely, I'm chiseling away at new material this the above. Hope to have something ready for publication in 2015!

    ReplyDelete