Friday, July 15, 2022

Megaton Man Minus the Dragon! File Photocopies

 These are some of the file photocopies of my portion of the art and lettering from The Savage Dragon vs. The Savage Megaton Man (Image Comics, March 1993) before finishing by Erik Larsen and letterer Chris Eliopoulos (although some of the layouts here were started by them). I will leave it to the discerning art lover as to which layouts were mine and which were Erik's; we each did a dozen in the book and the other guy added their characters, lettering, and backgrounds. But it should be obvious as Erik has a distinctive sense of layout, storytelling, and body language to his figures (although I was trying my best to "Image it up"). Looking back, it's shameful the way I ballooned Megaton Man's proportions, almost to Giant Man-size, but I hadn't at that point had much experience drawing the Man of Molecules interacting with more "realistic" superheroes (although Erik later beefed up the Dragon considerably as a response). This is probably as close as you'll get to a second printing of this fan-favorite story, so enjoy!

















I threw in my art and lettering for an Image Comics 1963 T-shirt ad for Graphitti Designs, for which I was paid a handsome Doc Savage ceramic bust!
___________
Read the 
Ms. Megaton Man Maxi-Series! New prose chapter every Friday!

If you’re on Facebook, please consider joining the Ms. Megaton Man™ Maxi-Series Prose Readers group! See exclusive artwork, read advance previews, and enjoy other special stuff.

___________

All characters, character names, likenesses, words and pictures on this page are ™ and © Don Simpson 2022, all rights reserved, unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment